On August 17, 2011, longtime member Candi Olson created a Facebook group for Phinney Ridge Lutheran as “a place for members and friends … to share.” That group has grown to over 160 members. It’s been a great place for members to share videos, celebrations, neighborhood information, and appeals for help and/or prayers. It has served our congregation well.
A Facebook GROUP, though, is restricted to members and is not accessible to the general public. We’d like to grow our outreach so that PRLC has a greater presence in the community as a whole. To that end, we have launched a PRLC Facebook PAGE. This PAGE went live on May 2 and already has 30+ “likes”. Everyone on Facebook can connect with our new Facebook page by becoming a fan and then receive updates.
To find the page you can search for “Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church” or just use this link. Here are some things that you can look for when you arrive on the page:
- On the right side (panel) you will find 1) a brief description of the congregation and # of likes 2) Logistical particulars (address, web address, hours, phone number, and a live link to messaging-privately. 3) Visitor Posts.
- On the left side (panel) you will find several tabs, i.e. Home, About, Events, Photos, Videos, Notes, etc. You can click on these and it will take you to a page that provides additional information, including other links.
We welcome your engagement on the page. Please do one or more of the following:
- Tag people you know in the photos.
- Check out the Events link and click if your interested and/or going to an event.
- Check out the photos! I’ve set up various albums; e.g. God’s Work. Our Hands; Historic Photos; Pastoral Staff; 100th Anniversary Celebration. Upload your photos to any of these albums and/or start a new album! I’ve uploaded a couple of videos and more will be coming soon. If you have a video from a church function, consider uploading it here. (Be sure to include only pictures and videos that either a) have already been made public on Facebook, or b) you have permission to share.)
- Check out the Notes section in particular. I’ve used this section to profile various aspects of our church community. For example: Worshiping at PRLC; CDC; Food Bank at PRLC; Music is God’s Creation; The WAY; Sunday School; Adult Forums.
- “Review” the church. Tell people what you think about PRLC and rate it 1-5 stars.
Our hope and intent is to raise public awareness of our congregation and to reach out to the larger community with God’s work and our hands.
~ Luci Baker Johnson