The Parish Administrator at Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church and Child Development Center serves as chief steward of the financial health and properties of our congregation. Responsibilities include the day-to-day maintenance of the building, property, and furnishings of the congregation.
Matters of Parish Management
- Provide effective management of the parish’s financial health and record keeping: accurate recording and deposit of all income, accounts payable, preparation and oversight of budget, payroll preparation, and benefit administration for parish and CDC staff.
- Serve on Executive Committee of Congregational Council, Personnel Committee, Endowment Committee, and Columbarium Committee. Provide organization for monthly Council Meetings. As the chief financial representative, prepare required monthly financial statements.
- Provide direct supervision for Office Manager, Custodial Staff, and others as assigned. Assist the custodial and volunteer maintenance staff in developing, scheduling, and executing a preventive maintenance program.
- Oversee and manage facility use by community groups to share available space, while prioritizing the church’s worship, fellowship, musical, and educational needs.
Provide a place to worship God
- Seek out and manage outside contractors when needed for the purpose of preserving, maintaining, and updating the facility in which we worship and from which we serve, demonstrating good stewardship, with a concern for beauty and effectiveness.
- Ensure the appropriate protection of the church property through insurance coverage and maintain compliance with all fire, health, and safety codes.
Accountability, Personal and Professional Growth
- The Parish Administrator is supervised by the Lead Pastor, and is accountable to the congregation through the Church Council.
- The Parish Administrator will receive an annual salary, commensurate with experience. Exact hours of work are to be negotiated; 40 hours per week.
Desired Skills for PRLC Parish Administrator
- A BA in Business Administration, Business, or Project Management is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Quick Books, and related software solutions
- An ability to assist with computer hardware solutions is a plus
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, the Pastors, and the Congregation
- Ability to establish credentials to work with all populations by providing evidence of a criminal background check, fingerprinting, and/or drug testing.
- Have a valid Washington State Driver’s License, and proof of insurability
Applications for this position can be sent to Pastor Bryon Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include cover letter and résumé.